A Drive–Thru Halloween Experience for All Ages
Friday, October 22, 2021
Saulsbury Bridge Recreation Area Campground (2007 Saulsbury Rd., Muscatine)
Treat bags for first 500 kids (2 -12 yrs)
What is This?
A fun, entertaining, and safe halloween event. Visitors will follow a pumpkin-lit drive through the campground at Saulsbury Bridge Recreation Area where the campsites and other areas will be decorated with a Halloween theme (not scary) by campers.
A suggested $10 per vehicle donation will support the Muscatine Food Pantry and the Muscatine Humane Society will be collected. The first 500 children, 2-12 years of age, will receive a treat bag before they leave the event.
Reserve a Campsite/Area to Decorate
There are 24 campsites and 19 other areas between the campsites that are available for decorating. See map of sites.
What you need to know to decorate a campsite or area:
- Call 563-264-5922 (our office) to reserve a campsite or area to decorate.
- Fill out this REGISTRATION FORM and email it to the Environmental Learning Center or drop it by the office (3300 Cedar Street) by October 15. Download fillable registration form.
- Event will be cancelled in case of lightning.
- If you wish to camp overnight Friday-Saturday camping is FREE.
- You can choose your site or one will be assigned.
- Sites 1-24 have electricity. Indicate if you need electricity on the registration form.
- No fee to decorate.
- Please bring your own decorations.
- Please clean up your area after the event.
- Set-up begins at noon on Friday. Sites should be ready to go by 6:00 PM and be maintained until 8:45 PM or until the last car leaves.
- There shall be no sales during the event.
- Remember, this is a family-friendly event. Aim for creative, funny, and friendly decorating. Not scary!
- Candy may NOT be thrown or given out from individual campsites or decorated areas.
- Please observe established park rules.