This 176-acre area is on high ground near the Cedar River valley. It offers a mixture of upland and woodland habitats.
Habitat & Features
- 176 acres
- Reconstructed prairie
- Steep wooded ravines
- Upland timber
- Several small ponds
Amenities & Facilities
- Parking lot
- Mowed trails
- Nature study
Rules & Regulations
- No target shooting allowed
- No motor vehicles allowed on the area
- All applicable Iowa hunting laws and fishing laws apply
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations – See Sections 5, 6 and 7 for hunting rules
This area has some very hilly terrain. Hunting opportunities abound for turkey, deer, pheasant, squirrel, and rabbit.
Location & Maps
- From east side of Cedar River Bridge on 231st St. (G-28) follow the signs 7 miles south on Echo Ave. to 276th St. then follow 276th St. to the west and turn right on Casey Ave.
- Park Map – aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc