This one-acre pioneer cemetery near Wildcat Den State Park is the final resting place for Benjamin Nye, the first settler in Muscatine County.
Habitat & Features
- One acre
- Wooded cemetery
Amenities & Facilities
- Historic/genealogical study
Rules & Regulations
- Area closes 10:30 pm daily
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations
This cemetery is near the Pine Creek Grist Mill which was built and operated by Benjamin Nye in the 1840’s. It has been restored to operating condition and once again grinds various grains.
Location & Maps
- From Highway 22 go north 1 mile on Wildcat Den Ave.
- Park Map – aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc