This 182-acre rugged area offers a variety of habitats featuring dense cover, wetlands, and woodlands.
Habitat & Features
- 182 acres
- Native sand prairie
- Oak timber
- Pike Run runs through NW corner of area
Amenities & Facilities
- Two parking lots
- Bridge across Pike Run
- Mowed trails
- Nature study
Rules & Regulations
- No target shooting allowed
- No motor vehicles allowed on the area
- All applicable Iowa hunting laws and fishing laws apply
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations – See Sections 5, 6 and 7 for hunting rules
This area adjoins the State-owned Cedar Bottoms Wildlife Management Area. Species hunted include deer, duck, turkeys, upland birds, rabbits, and squirrels.
Location & Maps
- From Highway 22 go 2.5 miles north on Iron City Ave.
- Park Map – aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc
Disclaimer: This map does not show the correct boundaries for the Pike Run Wildlife area. See the Park Map for the correct boundaries.