This 18-acre area is in the Cedar River floodplain and thus is in the State of Iowa’s designated area of interest for reptile and amphibian study.
Habitat & Features
- 18 acres
- Pike Creek
- Riverine timber
Amenities & Facilities
- Parking lot
- Old highway bridge open to foot traffic
- Nature study
Rules & Regulations
- No target shooting allowed
- No motor vehicles allowed on the area
- All applicable Iowa fishing laws apply
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations
Siltation from numerous floods in recent years limits access to the water at some times of the year.
Location & Maps
- On 231st St. (G-28) approximately 1 mile west of the Cedar River
- Park Map – aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc.
Disclaimer: This map does not show the correct boundaries for Gedney Lake. See the Park Map for the correct boundaries.