This four-acre park in the town of Moscow is a busy place. The picnic shelter and playground are popular with local families, and the boat ramp on the Cedar River is heavily used.
Habitat & Features
- Four acres
- Cedar River
- Developed park setting
Amenities & Facilities
- Boat ramp on Cedar River
- Large picnic shelter (with electricity) – Reserve shelter
- Bank fishing
- Boat access to Cedar River
Rules & Regulations
- Area closes 10:30 pm daily
- Pets must be leashed
- All applicable Iowa fishing laws apply
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations
The town of Moscow marks a change in the geology of the Cedar River basin. From here to the south the flood plain is wider and the river itself is wider, slower, with more of a sand/mud bottom. This stretch of the Cedar is well known for producing large flathead catfish.
Location & Maps
- Going north through Moscow on X-54, turn left (west) on Cedar St. The park is at the end of the street.
- Park Map – aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc.
Disclaimer: This map does not show the correct boundaries for the Jack Shuger Memorial Park. See the Park Map for the correct boundaries.
You must be logged in to post a comment.