This seven-acre area offers bank fishing as well as boat access to the Cedar River. The Swamp White Oak Preserve, managed by The Nature Conservancy is nearby.
Habitat & Features
- Seven acres
- Wooded shoreline
- Cedar River
Amenities & Facilities
- Parking lot
- Boat ramp
- Nature study
Rules & Regulations
- Area closes 10:30 pm daily
- All applicable Iowa fishing laws apply
- Complete County Conservation rules and regulations
This is one of three public boat ramps on the Cedar River in Muscatine County. The others are at Jack Shuger Memorial Park and the Saulsbury Bridge Recreation Area. The next public boat ramp to the south is River Forks Access in Louisa County near Fredonia.
Location & Maps
- On 231st St. (G-28), west side of Cedar River Bridge, approximately 6.5 miles west of Muscatine from Highway 61
- Park Map – aerial photo with trails, boundaries, etc.
Disclaimer: This map does not show the correct boundaries for the McKeown Bridge River Access. See the Park Map for the correct boundaries.